Title: Field Engineering/Electronics Technician
Company: REMSA, Inc.
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Candidates within the City ONLY
Job Type : Full Time / Permanent
Experience : Freshers To Freshers Years
Job Location: Chesapeake, VA
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday with some weekends as necessary. 8-10 hours per day
Travel Required: Yes, ~50%
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus overtime and full benefits
Contact Person: Kathy Dini (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date Available: IMMEDIATELY
REMSA Inc. (http://www.remsainc.com ) is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Field Engineering Technician with a background in marine technology and electronics to work on a long-term project for one of our clients in Chesapeake, VA. The team travels extensively along the east coast of the United States from Maine to the Gulf of Mexico and throughout the entire Great Lakes region to perform their duties. This position requires someone who is flexible and able to travel on short notice, understands and possesses an interest in the mechanics of oceanography and marine navigation, and is able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of personnel that works to install, maintain, and monitor a platform of highly precise instrumentation that measures a variety of oceanographic parameters throughout the United States. Information gathered from these instruments are used to predict tides and storm surges, aid in navigation, and is essential the protection of property in areas near bodies of water. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assisting with testing, configuration, set-up, installation and field maintenance of a variety of instruments including current measurement systems, water level sensors, meteorological and oceanographic sensors, and data collection platforms and/or support components
• Assisting with construction and repairs of structural elements associated with instrumentation
• Assisting with the deployment and retrieval of instruments off vessels
• Analyze and interpret technical data collected in order to detect problems and take corrective actions
• Tend to & assist divers in the field
• Maintaining and inventorying vehicles, tools, and equipment used in the field
• Complete reports and prepare documentation associated with work accomplished
• Safely operate a motor vehicle in order to complete assigned tasks
• Communicate within team & with other divisions utilizing data from instrumentation
Must have a valid Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record
Must be able to operate a forklift
Must be able to pass background screening in order to obtain security clearance
Must be a U.S. Citizen or have authorization to work in the U.S.
Education: B.S. Degree in Electronic Engineering, Oceanography, Physical Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
Skills: A background in Ocean/Marine Technology, Engineering Principles, Electronics, Instrumental Analysis, Oceanography, or similar experience
• Working knowledge of marine instrumentation and sensors.
• Ability to use multimeters and/or test and calibration equipment for electronic testing and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of field engineering practices. Ability to read and follow technical drawings, plans, diagrams & specifications
• Experience in surveying methods & techniques
• Construction experience including use of a variety of common hand and power tools
• High level of proficiency in operating PCs
• Ability to use software applications including word processor, spreadsheet, and data entry/manipulation programs
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
This is a Full Time position, with salary based on qualifications and experience
Benefits package includes: 401k, Health & Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Leave Accrual, etc.
Interested applicants should send the following application materials:
• Detailed resume documenting all relevant experience, education, and skills
• Cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for this position and your salary requirements
• Have at least 3 professional references available to be contacted at a later date.
• Be able to provide a transcript if requested
Please submit materials as attachments as .pdf files or MS Word 2003 compatible files via email to: email@example.com or FAX to 757.722.4571
Be sure to refer to position title in responses.
Please email any questions about this position to Kathy at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 757.722.0113 X26.
Application deadline is: December 15, 2011
Incomplete submissions will not be considered