Title: Project Manager/Construction Manager
Company: PTAG Inc.
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Candidates within the City ONLY
Non-locals - Existing VISA / Work Permit holders
Non-locals - Existing VISA / Work Permit holders
Salary: Commensurates with experience
Job Type : Contract
Experience : 5 To 15+ Years
Project Manager/Construction Manager
PTAG is a result driven staffing firm, dedicated to providing its North American clients with qualified Leadership, Engineering, Construction and Project Management professionals, to help them achieve their business goals.
Our client is a multi-disciplined engineering and consulting firm that provides innovative solutions for the natural resource management, energy, and infrastructure markets globally. A leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction and technical services. The combined companies have more than 10,000 employees worldwide and capabilities that span the entire project lifecycle.
The Project Manager - Open Pit Expansion will provide timely and efficient coordination and
delivery of the Hemlo Open Pit Expansion (OPE) with overall responsibility to bring the project
from feasibility, through final design and construction, and into production.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills and technical expertise needed
to achieve quality outcomes while ensuring all stakeholders, including First Nations, needs and
expectations are met. Ability to communicate effectively between all stakeholders who have
involvement with the project will be essential.
This position requires a minimum of5 years experience managing EPCM teams on a variety of
infrastructure and mining projects.
LOCATION: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
JOB TYPE: Contract
1. Minimum of Bachelors of Science degree in Project Management or an Engineering Field.
2. Five to ten years of experience in a senior level position with project management and construction experience.
3. Open pit experience would be an asset. Participate in audits or reviews of project risk management activities
4. Coordinate with the client’s risk manager
5. Facilitate multi-disciplinary groups in the identification and qualitative analysis of project risks related to project implementation (design, procurement, construction and commissioning) and of technical risks related to plant operation and maintenance
6. Assist multi-disciplinary groups in the identification, selection and implementation of specific project and technical risk response options
1. Must embody and demonstrate, by example, the core elements of courageous leadership principles for safety and health.
2. Seize every opportunity to demonstrate the company's five core values;
a. Behave like an owner
b. Act with a sense of urgency
c. Be a team player
d. Continually improve
e. Deliver results
3. Ensure compliance with all applicable Health and Safety Policies.
4. Manage all EPCM aspects of the project, delivering results as outlined by the Barrick Sustaining Project System (SPS).
5. Establish the project control team with both internal and external resources.
6. Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the design and construction of structures, facilities, and systems.
7. Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
8. Identify and manage overall project dependencies and ensure project deliverables stay ontime,
9. on-target and on-budget.
10. Provide hands-on project management and actively manage project plan, deliverables, dependencies and outcome for the project to ensure that the project goals and Objectives are achieved within the project timeframe and guidelines established by the management technical committee.
11. Ensure that construction phase control systems are in place to support disciplined decision making and planning.
12. Inspect and review construction activities to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
13. Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, suppliers and contractors.
14. Ensure all necessary permits and licenses are obtained.
15. Prepare communication plan and related project status reports to key stakeholders (as defined in the SPS) to provide project updates on activities and deliverables, as well as I • ••riSKSand mmqauon Strategies.
16. Define and manage overall project risk identification and mitigation process through formalrisk assessment process.
17. Define and implement the appropriate management of change strategy and plans to ensure that management of change concerns are addressed during and after project implementation.
18. Complete and manage project activities using an industry standard project management process and approach to ensure a consistent approach to project completion with other similar projects within the region.
19. Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
20. Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
21. Develop and implement quality control programs.
22. Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
23. Confer with technical staff, supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
24. Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: Sylvia.email@example.com